Order Ref: 39224
Position Title: Facilities installation Engineer
Duration: Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- Our Client has an opportunity for an ambitious Facilities InstallationEngineer to join the PTME Battery assembly team.
- This team supports pioneering electrification developments in support of the Client high profile range of exciting electric vehicles.
- You will be at the forefront of developing new, technologically advanced, electric propulsion systems.
- The PTME battery assembly team is responsible for the development and introduction of industry leading processes and facilities incorporating state of the art manufacturing technologies.
- The successful applicant will be working closely with Product Development Engineers and suppliers to ensure that Battery system designs meet world-class quality and efficiency standards.
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, inclusive and collaborative team with the benefit of significant scope for personal and professional development.
- Previous experience of Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Experience of facility installation, project management, capability validation, commissioning and product launch.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams and flexibility to support projects from early concepts to Launch.
- Hands on approach to engineering.
- You will utilise your knowledge to develop and implement assembly and in-process test processes and facilities to deliver the safety, quality delivery and cost objectives
- Good IT skills and competent with MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project).
- Ability to use CAD packages to review engineering drawings and models (Catia V6 & Teamcentre etc.)
- Ideally, educated to Degree level, HNC / HND in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline.
- However, candidates with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Understanding of safe automated and manual manufacturing system
- Previous project management experience advantageous
- Working understanding of GSPAS or similar process creation systems advantageous
- Ability to problem solve technical and manufacturing issues.
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative.
- An individual with a customer first mind-set who is easy to do business with.
- An individual that demonstrates tenacity, with the ability to deliver in a manufacturing environment.
- An individual who acts quickly and can facilitate issue resolution
- An effective team player who can manage relationships in a collaborative way.
- A good communicator
- Good sense of personal organisation and time management.
- Location: Must be able to work from both Whitley and EMC Wolverhampton dependent on workload.