Order Ref: 55582
Position Title: Electromagnetic Compatibility Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Rolling Contract
Location: Dunton, Essex
Division: Product Development
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Systems Engineer
- Our Client has an exciting opportunity to join the Electromagnetic Compatibility, EMC, team of a multi-national vehicle manufacturer.
- The successful candidate will work on various vehicle programs including passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
- The candidate must be a good communicator, self-driven and have strong project management skills.
- Key roles and responsibilities include: Perform vehicle level EMC tests in our development laboratory and support issue resolution
- Support resolution of issues identified during verification tests
- Maintain our development EMC laboratory and its equipment
- Lead the commissioning of new test equipment for conducted emission and conducted immunity on the AC charge ports of EV vehicles
- Review and approve component level EMC test plans and test reports
- Coordinate and attend technical design reviews with suppliers during early development phase of new programs
- Our Client recognises that EMC is a specialised subject, don't worry if you haven't got all of the essential or preferred skills, if you have a few, our Client would still like to hear from you.
- The Client provide on the job training.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- EMC testing
- Project management
- Knowledge of EMC specifications
- Knowledge of automotive EMC testing
- Knowledge of IEC standards relating to harmonics, flicker, electrical fast transients, burst and surge
- Electronic circuit design
- Any EMC related experience
- Experience in the Automotive industry
- EMC certification
- Whole vehicle type approval
- Preparation and approval of EMC test plans
- Familiarity with human exposure to electromagnetic fields
- Radio reception
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Additional qualifications or formal training in EMC or RF communications
- Our Client operates a hybrid work pattern, the position holder will need to carry out tests in the lab and will regularly to travel the office with occasional home working.
- The position will require occasional travel to external test facilities in the UK.
- Full UK driving license is essential.
- There will be home working at times but the position holder will need to carry out tests in the lab and should be willing to travel to Dunton regularly.