Position Title: Electrical Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Contract
* To work in the Electrical Systems Team to design and develop the electrical systems used in HV Batteries and Power Distribution Systems on Off Highway and Rail applications.
* Writing requirements at system and component level
* Working with suppliers delivering components or system to a project.
* Assist with the build and fault-finding of projects
* Generate system architecture diagrams and circuit drawings to support electrical design activity.
* Assist with hazard analysis, risk management and DFMEA for components and systems as required.
* Support virtual and physical builds for components and vehicles.
* Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
* Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing the Client, as required.
* Maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and all other departments.
* Understand and work to the Clients', Customer, Industry and Legislative standards.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Several years' recent experience and proven track record in electrical integration within the automotive or autosport industries.
* Degree in relevant engineering discipline or in job experience of 5 years min.
* Good understanding of On Vehicle networks.
* The ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines
* Experience of Electric Vehicles - HV charging, HV battery and HV powertrain systems
* Working knowledge of Vector tools including CANalyzer
* Experience of Requirements Capture Tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors
* Has an understanding of functional Safety and ISO26262
* This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time-to-time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.