Order Ref: 36073
Position Title: Calibration Engineer
- Our Client are currently seeking a powertrain Calibration Engineer with a skillset and interest encompassing future mobility platforms.
- You will join a highly dynamic team working on new technologies across hybridized ICE calibration, fuel cell development, passenger car and heavy-duty automotive development.
- Your primary objective will be to work closely with our customers to develop, test, and optimise the performance and ensure the safe operation of their future powertrains and vehicle programs, across the hybrid working environment in the Client office and on-site at the customer.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for requirement definition, simulation/modelling activities, and planning/execution of test work on component, engine, powertrain, and virtual testbeds.
- Clear and concise data analysis and reporting/recommendations to customer teams is critical.
- Our engineers are typically exposed to multiple different projects during their career working with us, exemplified by the broad range of potential electrification and virtualization opportunities in this role.
- It is therefore particularly suited to people who will enjoy the opportunity to gain experience in new areas and who can rapidly self-start, combining a pro-active attitude, excellent analytical problem-solving skills and an outstanding technical engineering background.
- Support powertrain development projects across internal and customer opportunities covering a range of powertrain concepts
- Perform data processing and analysis, with reporting to customer teams and management
- Develop and manage new powertrain processes and calibrations using Client/customer calibration tools and methods
- Plan and execute testing on powertrain/engine testbeds and in-vehicle
- Monitor project progress and provide feedback
- Support internal Client presentations and participate in trainings and knowledge exchange
- Minimum of 2:1 Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant engineering area (Mechanical, Automotive, etc),
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to summarise and make clear technical recommendations across multifunctional disciplines with supporting data,
- Excellent understanding of gasoline and diesel internal combustion engine performance and fundamentals, including modern Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems, and future industry trends,
- Self-starter with the ability work with high level instruction, minimal detail breakdown and to be able to seek out relevant information, data and support from other engineering groups,
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both written and verbal, with the Client and customer team members, as well employees in other, customers, suppliers, and the global team.
- Flexibility to work/travel across multiple projects/locations
- Experience of electrification, e.g. hybrid calibration, battery and fuel cell technology, and an appreciation of future industry trends,
- Experience of engine software or calibration development processes and working knowledge of calibration tools such as ETAS Inca, ATI Vision etc.,
- Experience of functional safety function definition and calibration,
- Engine test cell operation, DoE test design and data capture,
- Knowledge of calibration and data analysis tools (Concerto, CANape, CAMEO, DIAdem etc.),
- Appreciation/experience of powertrain simulation techniques (e.g. MatLab, Simulink, CRUISE™ M) across virtual development, verification, and validation techniques.