Position Title: Assistant Planner
Duration: Contract (12 weeks to perm)
Rate: £16.65 per hour Inside IR35
How you will contribute
- You will support with day-to-day planning of R&D projects to ensure they meet expected deadlines, take accountability of stock materials and consumables to ensure availability whilst avoiding waste, capture and report data with technical rigor and accuracy, and ensure a safe working environment.
What you will bring
- A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Applying your technical understanding of Planning and logistics operations.
- Planning day-to-day activities and presenting to key stakeholders weekly.
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders daily to balance priorities.
- Ability to balance changing priorities and varying workloads.
- Implementing planning improvements and reacting to daily issues to avoid delays.
- Recording and reporting data and activity outcomes accurately to drive business improvement.
- Working in teams and independently with the guidance of more senior team members to deliver against business objectives.
- Proactively identifying problems and solving problems in line without continuous improvement agenda (IL6S & DMAIC tools & methodologies).
- Food manufacturing industry experience an advantage but not essential.
- High level of excel experience is desirable.
- Production planning experience is desirable.
- Stock management/planning experience is desirable.
More about this role
- Become the first point of contact for R&D pilot plant planning.
- Materials planning / forecasting and purchase of key materials and consumables.
- Take accountability for data capture of all pilot plant activities