Position Title: Advanced Colour & Material Designer
Duration: 8 Month Contract
Location: Woking - Hybrid - 3/4 days onsite, 1/2 remote
IR35 Status Determination:
Determined Role Outside
- A University Degree in Art and Design or equivalent, with an aptitude for colour, pattern, and texture design. An understanding of constructed textiles and smart materials would be beneficial.
- A proven track record of delivering innovation within a commercial organisation.
- Highly creative with excellent colour vision, colour harmony and an intuitive understanding of perceived value and craftsmanship.
- Significant knowledge of automotive/industrial colour application methods, material types and production methods
- Presentation skills to explain and express design intention
- High Level of competence in using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- 3D visualisation skills an advantage.
- Strong project planning/management skills essential
- Automotive OEM experience an advantage, but a breadth of experience developing diverse materials more important.
Nice to Have Criteria:
- Lead Colour & Material innovations, introduce new materials, technologies, and manufacturing methods to be deployed across all vehicle programs.
- To research and recommend new suppliers, materials, and technologies in line with our clients design vision, business objectives, and specific performance benefits.
- To support the CMD team for program delivery, by developing innovation to the point where it can be specified on new programs with minimal risk.
- Research market sector, lifestyles, design and social trends to guide development focus
- To deliver innovative materials and processes that futureproof the business and engage our customers
- "Design breath-taking products that tell the visual story of their function".
- Direct report to the Head of Advanced Design
- Input into Design Strategy to keep the brand future focused
- Present & sell Colour & Materials innovations to senior management and up to Executive level
- Assist iniInstilling the our clients way of thinking through brainstorming/concept development sessions.
- Develop and manage testing processes for new materials with relevant quality and engineering teams
- Reconcile design intent, quality & manufacturing feasibility with engineering and commercial requirements.
- Work closely with suppliers, developing materials to our clients production specifications
- Liaise with our client designers, function groups, marketing and purchasing teams to ensure proposals are to required standard