Position Title: Accounting Specialist
Duration: 6 Month Rolling Contract
Rate: Umbrella rate £26 per hour INSIDE IR35
About the Role
- Our Client is looking for an individual to support the transactional work in our expanding captive businesses.
- Our Client requires a team member who is flexible in a changing environment and can contribute in defining the finance and management accounting structure going forward.
- The successful candidate will own large parts of the month-end process, maintain robust internal control processes whilst working closely with the wider finance team and operational teams to produce high quality, accurate and timely finance information.
- Full ownership of processing and gatekeeping for purchase orders and supplier billing activity.
- Processing payment runs in relation to supplier activity and payroll for multiple projects and entities through the banking platform.
- Administration of the monthly payroll and expenses, and the ongoing control of income and expenditure.
- Management of the overall sales and purchase ledgers, ensuring consistency in process and compliance with financial policies.
- Support in compiling monthly trial balances, including working closely with Deloitte, our outsourced provider.
- Preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of accounting records within Xero, including intercompany accounts.
- Support the preparation of year-end accounts, tax returns, and monthly management accounts.
- Support annual statutory audit and other compliance audits as required.
- Monitoring of local control environment.
- Preparing management information /statistics as required by senior management.
- Local point of contact for the Clients' treasury, accounting and tax teams, as well as external suppliers and the local operational team to ensure smooth running of the day-to-day accounting activity.
- Maintaining the accrual and prepayment schedules and inputting various journals into the accounting system.
- Driving the quality of our financial and management reporting through ensuring accuracy of transactional postings on the accounting system.
- Company's Finance team
- Operational teams for captive businesses
- Gravita (Outsource Partner)
- You will have experience in the following:
- Working knowledge and experience of Accounting Systems and the fundamental principles around transactional treatment for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, VAT, Tax, etc, within both general ledger and sub-ledger
- Knowledge of accounting, control and financial management principles pertinent to an organisation of similar size and complexity, including Inter-company accounting
- Advance Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with a close attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Agile worker, with ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Champion for driving efficiency, process improvements and challenging the status quo
- Collaborative style of working
- Competitive compensation package
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme via Medicash
- 25 days annual leave, plus a day off for your birthday
- Annual allowance for professional training and development
- Awesome office in the heart of Kings Cross
- Work alongside inspirational founders, mentors and other start-ups