RFQ No: RFQ9136012542
Position Title: 3D Motion Artist
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Description of the assignment
- Our Client is looking for a 3D/Motion artist with a strong portfolio demonstrating creative 3D work, post- production work, Vfx, and outstanding visual aesthetics.
- Experience from the Gaming industry is a strong plus, as are skills in technical integration, VR experience, and ability to art direct.
- Automotive experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
- You have an MFA/BFA in Motion/Visual/Graphic Design or equivalent education, and 5+ years of relevant experience within the field.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, and a valid driver's license are necessary.
- In this role, you are responsible for designing market-leading visuals (2D/3D), motion graphics, and animations for the Clients' in-car HMI.
- Considering the whole scope of UX/UI, you are to challenge old conventions when it comes to in-screen graphics for the automotive industry without sacrificing clarity, readability or safety.
- After the creation phase, you will be creating deliverables from your concepts towards suppliers making it a reality in our products.
- In addition to Interface animations, you will support our creative teams by creating videos, animations and material for VR that will strengthen proposed stories and concepts when presented at e.g. design boards.
- For this part of the role, you understand that it is more important to convey the idea than get it all perfectly right.
- As part of the Motion Design specialist team you will also help drive the motion design area forward, define tool chain and workflow for animation/motion/3D, and guide less experienced designers in the world of motion.
- You will work within the HMI Design department, which is responsible for Digital and Interaction design, including the use of light for functional purposes, functional sound and the virtual assistant in the car.
- The team consists of UX Designers, UI Designers, Graphic Designers and SW Prototype Developers.
- You will work in close collaboration with the Interior Design team, Exterior Design team, and the Strategic products & Brand team.
- You will also cooperate closely with Engineering and Marketing.
Qualifications and skills required for the role
- Assist the Chief Designers in developing the in-car motion graphics strategy for the Clients' brand
- Creating world class 3D visuals, animations and motion graphics
- Exploring new ways of aligning graphics and motion with the interior of the car and the HMI system
- Conceptualize your ideas in deliverable material with exceptional attention to detail and structure
- Make sure Visuals/Motion Design are aligned with all technical constraints and regulations
- Deliver specifications of Visual/Motion to suppliers
- Interface with all stakeholders connected to your developments
- Define tool chain and workflow for motion design in 2D/3D
- Act as a role model for less experienced Visual Designers venturing into the motion area
- Help making the HMI departments' vision as clear, tangible and visual as possible.
- Help merge the HMI Design process with Interior, Exterior and Colour & Material Design process
- Ability to drive, motivate and convince, oneself as well as others
- Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
- Communicative with good verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Independent, self-driven and confident as well as a good team player - you will be part of a Motion Design specialist forum where you are expected to share and discuss creative work to align on the art direction, yet you drive your design tasks independently
- Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills.
- Ability to understand and analyse requirements from upper management
- Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules - there will be times when you will be asked to work fast, and to the best of your ability, in the given time frame
- Cultural awareness, especially Asian and European culture
- Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate, and is expected to be able to work autonomously
IT/SW requirements (if applicable)
- 3D modelling, animation and rendering software's (Blender/Unity/Unreal Engine)
- Adobe suite and strong knowledge of After effect + Plugins
The assignment includes travel:
- ☒ Yes ☐ No
- Best price per hour
- Best fit based on qualification and skills